Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cut Queue

Today, when I went to pick up Di-Di, the first thing his teacher said was "Yr son told me today that mommy cut queue when paying money. He said this when I asked him to stand in line & don't jump queue!"

I was flabbergasted, speechless & so, so, so embarrassed!

Thank god I didn't have to stand there and be embarrassed further by her expression, as it was pick-up rush hour. I quickly racked my brain to see when did I set this bad example.

Not that I know of. May be...subconsciously, or does cutting queue while driving thru traffic lights count ? (What to do, need to get them to school in time mah. We are always 5 to 10 minutes behind time...)

I quickly asked Di-Di to explain why he told his teacher I cut queue.

"Mommy...got. That day ah..."

"Which day? Where got?????" Still in denial mode.

"That DAY, sar-sar ma-lam (pasar malam or nite market). Jelly!!!" Getting frustrated with mommy.

Rummaged thru tons of undone housework in brain again. "OOOHHHH...when I paid for the jelly, instead of letting u pay hor!"

"Yes, u cut queue....!!!!"

I have given Di-Di RM1 to pay for the jelly. But after all the hoo-haa of them choosing color, I unintentionally paid instead. Might have said something like ooops, cut queue! Sorry!

Like that also 'chong ciu' (Cantonese slang for striking the opposite of lottery). That lil' monster! There's really no telling what they retain in their heads for their uses at later date.

But I gotta admit, its kinda funny:)

7 comments:

  1. LOL...u cut his Q. liddat also can arh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. very outspoken.. i think more anecdotes to come..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooopsy..

    Mommy must constantly lead by examples.. No mistake allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! and this caused u embarrasment..poor u. better go explain to the teacher abt the sar sar malam

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!!!! like dat also kena! sasar malam dun simply cut his q anymore lor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! U R all right...no mistakes allowed, hehe! I didn't explain though...

    ReplyDelete