Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Unemployment Benefit

One of the advantages of unemployment is that the boys get to enjoy the neighbourhood playground more often, instead of only on weekends.

But playground time is not as easy as it sounds. I don't get to stare into space jog around or do some exercise myself. Because they expect mommy to:-
  1. Push them on the swing. Simultaneously. Which is really no joke as they will be screaming for faster & higher! Why don't they just swing by themselves u would ask ? For the life of me, I also don't get it why they don't know how, especially Kor-Kor who will be 7 soon. And I have shown them how to move their legs numerous times. Thought swinging is an inbred ability??!!

  2. Playing catch-me-if-you-can around the playarea. Where mommy get to make a fool of herself.

  3. Going down the covered slide. Di-di likes to lie down on top of me & we both go 'whoosh' down. This is also no joke as those covered slides are really worm holes to us. For'whoosh' effect, I need to lie down. Once I instinctly sit up & got stuck! It was really painful trying to twist my neck to a certain angle to release myself. The neck sore lasted a week.

  4. Doing the 400m (or more) race around the adjacent basketball court. I would like to say that I could outrun my sons, but it's getting more & more difficult. I'm usually out flat in 2 rounds, whereas they can do more. And they recover faster, ha, ha!

  5. Shooting hoops. Thank god both of them are still shorty, thus lousy at this so mommy can still awe them with a couple of shots.

My 2-minute respite will be when they go for what I call 'swing-surfing':-

I also get some rest if other kids wanna play with them, ha, ha! But sometimes they are so sweaty & dirty that other mommies look at me funnily. And their feet will go down to our family's Hall of Fame.

4 comments:

  1. I am avoiding the playground as much as I can as my monster will scream and wail every time we say 'lets go' and create a scene.

    And if my boy comes home with such foot filled with the natural 'ink' my hubby will be the first to scream! hahahaah (coz he mops the floor) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like mommy so young & agile-lor!

    Oi. Put bigger pictures-la.

    Real hapi to c u dah berenjoying in d blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again all!

    Angeleyes: My hubby always gv me the LOOK too. But he delegated mopping floors to someone else, ha, ha!!

    Zara's Mama: What to do! If not they'll be wrestling at home...

    Tummythoz: And for u, please write faster & post more, dun be so 'pun tua'(lazy)!

    ReplyDelete