Friday, April 3, 2009

Witch Mountain

Two or three weeks ago, this mommy 'sui tor hau' (the curse of the big mouth) asked Kor-Kor whether he wants to go watch Witch Mountain when the trailer was shown on tv. Kor-Kor jumped to the idea & held mommy to her big mouth's invitation. (Why his memory so good when comes to such things???)

Not that I don't want to take him but just that the 'outing' needs a lot of 'maneuvering'. But today, opportunity cropped up when Kor-Kor's school took a special day off for Cheng Beng a.k.a All Souls Day (which Daddy commented to be really weird but typical for a Chinese school). I told Kor-Kor that I would take him, BUT....ON ONE CONDITION:

He was NOT to mention in front of Di-Di that he is going to see a movie. You see, mommy was not planning to take Di-Di because Di-Di is not emotionally ready (I took Kor-Kor to see his first movie when he was 4++ and that too, he was fidgeting & talking so much I was scarred the patron in the front row might turn back & punch us!!!).

I told Kor-Kor that this is going to be our secret ops. HAH! And we would go when Di-Di is taking his afternoon nap. But being a kid, of course he blabbered. Though, this time around, he was more cunning already & got all my frowns, winks & eye signals to hush up. This is what he told his Di-Di to cover his tracks:

U go to sleep la. Afterwards, I'm going to school, ok ? I'll be back by 7, ok ?

Sucks! I've create a fibbing monster!

When we came back, Di-Di wanted to know where we went. Since I don't have the heart to lie to him, I vaguely replied that we were at 1-Utama 'to do something'. He was nevertheless, VERY upset, cried buckets & scolded mommy for being 'very naughty' never bring him too. I tried to rationalise that I sometimes bring him to Ikea without Kor-Kor & Kor-Kor never cried what. Didn't work. So Plan B - throw in the goody bag, "Let's go to Giant's Playground!"

Waterworks stopped. My punishment was I had to sit & wait around for an hour. There were plenty of kids their age around, so they had so much fun.

So, was Witch Mountain (& that sinful large caramel popcorn) worth it ? No.
Did Kor-Kor enjoyed Witch Mountain ? No.
Did Kor-Kor still talk loudly in the cinema? Yes.
Did anybody punched us yet ? No.
Would Di-Di be emotionally scarred for life? No.

Because mommy asked Di-Di after Giant Playground time "Is mommy still naughty?".

He said no.

1 comment:

  1. Still think he will be scarred for life...poor second child:p

    ReplyDelete