Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Baby is 3.5 Today

MY BABY IS 3.5 TODAY!!!!!

Seems like only yesterday when he was 'poked' out. Ya, he was induced about 4 days before his due date, because the next few days would be public holidays (got double charges mah...) and moreover, mommy's gynea was going on leave, hahahahaha!

Di-Di is an easy baby (to take care of) and fast learner. As I said before, survival instinct. Once I took him along to buy some products at my facial shop, he kissed every ladies that asked him to - the receptionist, the beauticians, the consultants. And even a man customer!

Di-Di is very agile. As I'm used to it, I'm no longer faint-hearted, unlike his grandparents. Thank god they didn't witness one incident about 2 weeks ago, when he climbed up a 8-feet pole of the monkey bar, hanged there for 10 seconds and climbed down again. All by himself! The aunties at the playground clapped their hands.

He can also hold his head under water for about 10 seconds...

However, when it comes to 'cheng keng' (practical/useful) stuff, he is a bit lazy...like practising his writing. Or picking up after himself. Or walking. Or wee-wee into the toilet bowl!

Before each writing practice session, there are sure to be a lot of negotiations involved, like he wants to play with my cell phone's games or his Kor-Kor's Transformer computer game or the Yahoo Free Games or look at the photos saved on the laptop. After several 'practice' sessions, he can now slowly maneuver & click on the mouse. Then, after further coercion & bribing, practise write 2 lines of 'cheng keng' stuff.

Di-Di is very independent. At times I would ask him, "Do u want me to help you ?". His favorite reply would be, "No, I can do it."

However, when it comes to sleeping by himself, he still refuses. Many a times, when I tell him, mommy's place is on the bed next to Daddy & he is to sleep with himself on the mattress next to the bed, he would show his most pathetic face & say, "Mommy, u sleep here [point to his mattress]. Daddy smelly!"

Sigh! I miss his baby smell. Here is Di-Di when he was 10.5 months - lil monster in the making. Kindly ignore the mommy irritating ra-ra...

6 comments:

  1. hehehehe...so cute!!! only 10.5 and already walked!!!

    they grow up too fast isn't it?

    But your 3.5 yo is quite tall for his age.. well, from the photos u posted la... not sure real life.. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Happy Three and A Half Years to your little baby. That's a bit mouthful.

    While I'm at it. A Happy Three Point Six Years to him too! etc, etc.

    It's my observation that usually the younger siblings are the more active, extrovert ones. Perhaps it's the different attention they got from their older brother/sister. In a way, the first born usually gets a "taken care of" attention from the parents.

    It's the very, very first baby, what "less" can you expect. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.. thanx for dropping by my blog. :) my ethan only walk unaided at 14 mths...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mott: Hehe! he's of normal height only...but a bit on heavy side. So far, We think not fat yet:)

    Buzzing J: Ya, ya...I call it survival instinct to compete with older sibling who already got all the attn. So they r usually more...agreeable

    Wen: Sieh-sieh.

    Merryn: My 1st one also not so fast, after 1 yr old. Only this 1. And that was my fav video of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh, i agree with you. Usually the young one more cheeky, more naughty, more independent and they are fast learner too!! Like you said "cheng keng" things like writting and reading will take ages to finish!

    ReplyDelete