Thursday, June 4, 2009

Adventure Zone @ Golden Sands Penang

We took the boys back to my parents' place last weekend. And for a spot of R&R for Daddy (from work) and Mommy (from cooking & cleaning & ta-pau-ing).

The first thing granny said when saw the boys was "Why both of the boys looks skinner ah?" (Oops! Hey, I can't help it if I can barely cook, rite? And that I let the boys get away with eating less because I got no patience with their antics?)

After some heavy binge eating & conversations, Daddy whisked us to Golden Sands @ Batu Feringgi. It was Daddy's very own initiative for this short break (he very, very rarely does this) - so mommy will keep her mouth shut about the cost & about not wanting to get any more darker (yes, i get dark..not tan!)

But the boys enjoyed themselves at the pools & beach. There was a children slide at one of the pools. Initially Di-Di was afraid & wanted me to 'catch' him. My arms really ache, man. After a while, he tested the water & found the water up to his chin only if he tiptoed. Thereafter, he didn't need me to 'catch' him anymore. If I'm not so worried, its actually quite hilarious.

Here is some beach action, with mommy cringing at the blazing sun.

Ain't this cute?
But their highlight of this trip is their discovery of THIS. The slides are quite high (18-20ft) & steep. No way mommy was going to try. But Di-Di went down the blue one (double drop slide with ball pit) with no trouble at all, though Kor-Kor needed some persuasion.

There are quite a number other things at both sides and at the front of these slides as well to keep them occupied, but the slides are the coolest.

After 2 hours of running about with other kids & going down the slides, both of them were exhausted. No problem sleeping early at night. So mommy & daddy got to curl up comfy - to read their books!!!

4 comments:

  1. looks like load of fun....

    me too, i recently also gotten really dark from attending swim lessons with my rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair. Di-di got sexier trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by to my blog :)
    What a nice holiday your family have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice break at the beach! That adventure zone look cool lei! Is it open to outsider also or only for hotel guest?

    ReplyDelete