Saturday, June 6, 2009

Safety Lessons

Lately, after my maid ran off, I've been reminding the boys more often on a few safety issues.

Example 1: Can you go off with Auntie G or Auntie M (previous 2 maids) if they come and pick you up from class/school?
Kor-Kor: NO!
Di-Di: NO!
Mommy: Correct! Good!

Example 2: If strangers or people you don't know give you sweets or something to eat, can you take without asking mommy's permission?
Kor-Kor: NO!
Di-Di: YES!
Mommy: *My eyes opened wide-wide!*
Di-Di: No??? (Looking at his brother. Kor-Kor shaking his head.)
Di-Di (again with more conviction this time): NO!
I cannot help smiling at his indecision, cos he NEVER turns down sweets. At least it was not like the first time I asked him this & told him he cannot accept. He answered pathetically "But I want wor..."

Example 3: "What are u supposed to do before you cross a road?"
Kor-Kor: Go Alien & transform to XLR8! (Translation to non-Ben 10 fans: A Ben 10 alien that can run at the speed of light!)
Di-Di: *Making transformation sounds!*
Mommy: *Choking at her own saliva!*

4 comments:

  1. Eakakkakaka..Eg 3 is...classic.

    For Eg 2, I use DS as a bait. My boy immediately nodded his head, when I asked if he would follow a nice looking person who said they have a DS at home, just for him.

    Blaergh...now, that's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Your boys are so cute on the answer on example 3!!

    True, now everywhere not safe anymore, must teach the kids on the safety thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, scary le nowadays. My elder boy, Ryan was telling me that an uncle on a tractor offered him to sit on a tractor with him (just outside our hse). Thank goodness he said 'no' altho' it must be so tempting for a boy..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. is good to have a kor kor to remind him of the things he shouldn't do. But you're good, teaching them this.

    ReplyDelete