Saturday, June 27, 2009

'Stick Together' Holiday - Prelude & 1st Day

I actually toyed with this idea for many days.

Can I do it ? Will I be able to handle them myself for a few days? Will they listen to me & behave themselves ?

I ran the idea by my mom. 'Why not' my mom darn sporting. Encouraged, I ran my intentions over with Daddy & my MIL. Daddy was very skeptical that I would go through with it. My MIL was the funniest - her eyes almost popped out (mata terbeliak!!!).

With confidence wavering & still not fully decided, I soldiered on, though more like testing waters than anything else. By then, it was kinda 'last minute' already. Called my auntie - away for 10-day retreat wor. Called my brother - sucks! he was away on business. Called one of my girlfriends working there - aiya, her parents were visiting & staying with her.

Really wrong timing le. But what was the alternative - being housemaid & cook at home? Quick, quick, think. Stay in a hotel ? Mmmm...I still got one more try - an ex-colleague/friend whom had extended his invitation long, long, long time ago...

Luck was finally with us. He warmly welcomed us to his home. Good, as I was not too keen with staying at some 3-star hotel with the 2 lil monsters. Anything higher rated than that would be too expensive. Moreover, I didn't want the lil monsters to equate 'going somewhere' with nice hotel with swimming pools & Disney channels!

So I happily went and buy the bus tickets. And start psycho-ing the boys about the possible 'hardship' ahead, haha!

Boy, was I right ? Kor-Kor complained & complained about not taking the plane & staying at hotel!

'Aiyo, you complain so much you don't follow me la!' That normally does the trick. Ya, like for 10 minutes!!!!

The bus ride went better than expected. They were on their best behavior. Didn't kick the seats in front. Didn't disturb other passengers. Phew!

When we reached our destination, we still needed to kill time. My ex-colleague, Uncle S, and wifey, were still stuck in office. I already warned Uncle S that my 2 boys could be his worst nightmare. He was a sport - he said he'll just have to glue everything in place!

I thought that was funny....until we walked into his condo...

OH!MY!GOD!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

It was 2nd week of school hols. I was in Singapore. Me alone with my 2 lil monsters. Supposedly staying 3 nights at an ex-colleague's place... whom I now realised I hardly know.

And his place is FULL. Antiques. Expensive travel mementos. Expensive furnishing. Italian Murano glassware for godsake!

At every kooks and corners! (cos if he's to glue everything in, he'll need a lot, a lot of glue!)

OMG!OMG! It can't be happening. MY worst nightmare...

I wanna stay hotel. NOW!

(to be continued...)

4 comments:

  1. oh no! i wldnt dare to bring my kids to anywhere alone. esp singapore! sure pengsan and give me more stress!
    antiques! oh God, get a hotel asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...u went s'pore with the 2 boys! Bravo! Did you manage to buy anything? Difficult to go shopping with kids yeah. I din manage to buy anything for myself, just bot things for kids and hubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't dare bring my kids anywhere myself too.... and never to my ex-colleague's place, whom I hardly know. I feel much safer in a hotel. You are brave man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah! U very terror lei!! Travel with 2 boys!! I have not done that, but i have book the ticket to go back my hometown next year with my 2 boys, just three of us, because currently i also don't know at that time i got maid or not, and since is zero air fare i booked it first. If that time no maid i will have to travel alone with two boys. hahahhahahha, that will be a good experience!!!

    ReplyDelete